Teaching Jobs Open – Queens 2018
Our network of alumni and partners forward job openings, and we are happy to share them with the talented and diverse community of CITE students and partner program graduates. Please direct any inquiries to the school:
Middle School Math Teacher Grade 7
- Implement and support the development of a rigorous cutting edge mathematics program that develops scholars as problem solvers and analytical thinkers who apply math to their everyday lives
- Develop and teach clear and engaging lessons that follow the rigorous, Common Core aligned Ascend curriculum
- Utilize formal and informal assessment data to drive instruction and ensure student mastery of standards
- Build a motivating and inclusive classroom environment where student voice is encouraged and mathematical discourse is valued
- Create and maintain strong relationships with students and families
- Actively participate in grade-level meetings, collaborative planning, and professional development, including an annual summer institute
- Accept ultimate responsibility for the academic progress of his or her students, and work to actively overcome setbacks
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree and certification preferred
- The ability to create a classroom environment where students feel safe, supported, and challenged
- Passion and commitment to teaching scholars in underserved areas and to closing the achievement gap
- Relentless drive to set and achieve ambitious goals
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Growth mindset and ability to use feedback to improve practice
- Experience teaching in underserved areas a plus
ICT GRADE 6
MUST BE CERTIFIED IN SPECIAL EDUCATION.
- Candidate is to be responsible for the delivery of Core Curriculum based lessons.
- To function as Co-Teacher with a General Education Teacher in an Inclusion setting.
- Collaborate with general education colleagues to ensure instruction is differentiated and meeting common core standards.
- Create and implement lesson plans based on student needs.
- Work closely with peers and administration to develop multifaceted curriculum that integrates multiple subjects and approaches to meet the individual needs of students.
- Lead classroom differentiation through curricular modifications, instructional techniques, parallel instruction, and integrated classroom strategies.
- Assess and develop goals for the IEP process.
- Implement IEP goals and strategies into an integrated classrooms.
- Maintain an awareness of school’s strategic initiatives and incorporate them into your work.
- Regularly and accurately report student progress and maintain accurate and up to date records related to student achievement, performance, and IEP goals.
- Review data daily and amend your approach accordingly.
- Take an active role in your professional development by identifying and creating opportunities to expand your skills to meet the demands of individual student needs.
- Communicate frequently with students, students’ families, colleagues and other school personnel.
- Attend IEP meetings and parent conferences
Job Type: Full-time
Middle School English Language Arts (ELA) Teacher
Job Description Grades 6 – 7:
- Manage and support an organized and professional classroom that is conducive to learning and the development of English Language Arts skills
- Create and adapt assignments and lesson plans to be aligned with the Common Core Standards.
- Enforce and support consistent and logical limits, expectations, and classroom routines that are in-line with those established by classroom teachers
- Teach content and skills in English Language Arts including: literature, composition, reading and writing to middle school students
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Assume personal responsibility for the academic progress of all students
- Document all syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, rubrics and other instructional materials and methods
- Use technology tools for instruction, planning, and communication and ensure student engagement
- Recognize the needs of individual students and the entire group and offer support and flexibility as needed.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of each student’s progress.
- Evaluate academic achievement through detailed data analysis of student performance on a wide variety of metrics
- Provide ongoing and timely feedback to students on their progress towards meeting expectations and achieving goals
- Use student data to reflect on effectiveness of lessons and student achievement progress in order to improve instruction and personal practice
- Create, and manage a responsive learning environment that enables students to feel safe, to be creative, and to develop to their full potential
- Ensure smooth operation of all classroom instructional functions without exceptions
- Organize and supervise approved field trips to enhance classroom learning.
- Communicate effectively and maintain strong relationships with students, families, colleagues and administrators
- Establish, involve, and assist students in the development, maintenance, and evaluation of portfolios
- Develop and use rubrics for evaluating student products and performances
- Oversee and assist with student arrival / dismissal
- Work closely with all members of school community, model citizenship, collaboration and support of one another
- Other tasks as assigned by the Administration
- Required to have New York ELA Teacher Certification 7-12
- New York State Special Education preferred.
- Three years experience working with middle school students in an urban setting.
- A commitment to the belief that all students can learn.
- A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven school culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
All resumes should be sent to Darrell Rawls at email@example.com.
For teachers looking to earn Bilingual Spanish Certification, click here.
CITE is the Center for Integrated Training and Education. For over 25 years, CITE has and continues to train TEACHERS (Early Childhood, Professional Certification, Special Ed,Grad Courses, Bilingual courses, DASA); COUNSELORS (School, Mental Health Masters, Advanced Certificate); and ADMINISTRATORS (SBL, SDL, Public Admin, Doctorate) in all five boroughs of NYC, Yonkers, Westchester, and Long Island.
CITE PD offers CTLE-approved in-school professional development tailored to your school’s needs and your vision. Info: citepd.com
We now also offer an undergraduate degree completion program in psychology.