Job Posting – Case Aide – Social Work or Related Experience
Agency Name: New Alternatives for Children, Inc.
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexities, disabilities, chronic illnesses and behavioral challenges. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Case Aide to join its Special Medical/Developmental Prevention Program.
The Prevention Program is designed to deliver a range of clinical, case management and supportive services with the goal of ensuring that families receive appropriate support to meet their children’s physical, developmental, educational, social/emotional, and mental health needs. The Case Aide will assist social workers with casework activities and administrative case related tasks. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and share a commitment to family preservation and resilience. This is a home and community-based program so the candidate must be flexible with the ability to work independently and flex their hours to meet the needs of youth and parents. This position offers a highly rewarding opportunity to build strong relationships with at-risk families and an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative multidisciplinary team composed of pediatricians, nurses, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, education and recreation specialists, and more!
Title of Position: Case Aide
Position Type: Full-time
Location: 1775 Grand Concourse, Suite 703 | Bronx, NY 10453
Program: Special Medical/Developmental Preventive Services
Description of Responsibilities:
- Provide supportive casework counseling to families as directed by social workers and supervisors in accordance with service plan goals.
- Assist with case management and case-related administrative tasks, including filing, chart reviews, and data entry using the agency’s electronic health record.
- Engage and support families in bringing their children to scheduled medical visits at the agency’s Medical Clinic and Medical Mobile Unit.
- Gather supporting documentation and assist with the completion of family grants.
- Accompany caregivers to community appointments to advocate for services and resources.
- Provide parent education services to assist families with in-home structure and parent-child interactions.
- Complete case notes for client contacts in accordance with ACS and agency requirements.
- Participate in case reviews, weekly supervisory sessions, and department meetings and trainings.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field
- Prior experience working with families in a child welfare setting is preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and engagement skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work independently
- Bilingual in Spanish language a plus (and includes a salary differential)
How to Apply: Please specify position of interest when applying and submit your resume and a cover letter by mail, fax or e-mail to:
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
New Alternatives for Children
37 West 26th Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10010
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., including more information on employee benefits and our agency culture, visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion.
Please click through if you or someone you know would like information on the following graduate programs: School Counseling Master’s Degree, Mental Health Counseling Master’s Degree, Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling.
CITE is the Center for Integrated Training and Education. For over 25 years, CITE has and continues to train TEACHERS (Early Childhood, Professional Certification, Special Ed,Grad Courses, Bilingual courses, DASA); COUNSELORS (School, Mental Health Masters, Advanced Certificate); and ADMINISTRATORS (SBL, SDL, Public Admin, Doctorate) in all five boroughs of NYC, Yonkers, Westchester, and Long Island.
CITE PD offers CTLE-approved in-school professional development tailored to your school’s needs and your vision. Info: citepd.com
We now also offer an undergraduate degree completion program in psychology.