Grants for Teachers
ANNOUNCING GRANTS FOR TEACHERS —
CITE is announcing a Teacher’s Choice Grant for one recipient in each of the five boroughs, for the 2020-2021 school year, to cover the loss of the Teacher’s Choice program for the grant winners.
The upcoming school year presents difficult challenges for teachers and schools. In this Chalkbeat article, https://ny.chalkbeat.org/2020/7/22/21334981/education-budget-cuts-hiring-freeze we see several ways in which this affects school budgets. One way that caught our eye is the elimination of Teacher’s Choice money to cover the first $250 that a teacher spends on their classroom.
At CITE, we know how that $250 is necessary to offset the cost of supplies for your room. We know how much this will hurt classroom teachers.
CITE will help you in two ways:
- We are giving away a $250 grant to cover the lost Teacher’s Choice money to one recipient in each of the 5 boroughs of NYC. We will give 5 grants in total. We will choose the winners based on the entry rules below.
- For all entrants, we will share your crowdfunding page for supplies — whether you use Donor’s Choose or GoFundMe, or another site, we will list it on our website and promote it on our social channels. This is for all entrants, regardless of who wins.
- To enter, simply fill out the form below.
- We are asking you to give us your name, email and school.
- We will ask you to explain how the grant will be used.
- We will ask for your crowdfunding link.
- By entering, participants agree to our sharing your crowdfunding link on our website and social channels.
- By entering, participants agree that if they win, they will update us with a follow-up email and photo of their purchases.
- We will announce winners on December 1.
Please follow our social channels for the latest updates, and please share:
CITE is the Center for Integrated Training and Education.
For over 25 years, CITE has and continues to train:
TEACHERS: General and Special Ed Masters (Early Childhood or Childhood), TESOL Masters, Special Ed license extension courses, Bilingual license extension courses, TESOL license extension courses, Early Childhood license extension courses
— in all five boroughs of NYC, Yonkers, Westchester, and Long Island. Currently all classes are online.
CITE PD: CITE offers CTLE-approved in-school or online professional development tailored to your school’s needs and your vision. We can work remotely with your staff and parents. Info: citepd.com