Job Postings – Week of 12-8-2021
At CITE, we strive to provide tools and resources to our community, not only while you are students, but as you go into the professional world. Below is a list of job postings from our network. If you feel you are a good candidate, please contact the organization directly through the info below. If you have a job to post, we are happy to post it. Please go to citeprograms.com/jobs and fill out the form. This is a free service.
School / District / Organization:
FULL-TIME Bilingual Teachers, Bilingual Common Branch, Bilingual Special Education. Language: Spanish
HIRING FULL-TIME ESL teachers with Common Branch licenses.
Hiring Permanent Substitute Teachers and teaching assistants.
PS143Q is seeking to expand their health/arts programs as well. Physical Education, Dance, & Art!
Please apply by emailing your cover letter and resume to Principal Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org
School / District / Organization:
Eastern Suffolk BOCES
Divisional Administrator for Human Resources
ESBOCES is looking for an experienced educator who values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and who has experience impacting organizational and cultural shifts within a successful team. This critical position reports to the Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources, and serves as a leader within ESBOCES varied and wide-reaching Human Resources Department.
CERTIFICATION: NYS SDA or SDL Certification required
- Actively promote diversity, equity, and inclusion practices throughout the agency
- Engage with professional and self-improvement practices, modeling active growth
- Provide leadership and support services for ESBOCES
- Liaison with component districts, using best practices to facilitate conversations or offer Professional Development
- Coordinate and lead recruitment, onboarding, and orientation practices for agency
- Conduct investigations of employee conduct, when necessary
- Engage with legal counsel to support sound and ethical decision making
- Monitor agency compliance with various federal and state laws and regulations
- Oversee myriad regional projects related to regional salary and benefits analysis, or as assigned
- Maintain and cultivate best practices for all internal human resources related initiatives
- Serve as a thought partner to agency leadership
START DATE: As soon as possible
School / District / Organization:
Eastern Suffolk BOCES
Teacher Integration Specialist (Educational Technology) – Multiple Positions FULL TTIME/PART TIME
Assignment: Model Schools Program Instructional Support Services @ Sequoya/various locations
As per contract | NY’S Teachers Retirement System membership | Competitive benefits package
NYS Teaching Certification (Permanent or Professional) OR Educational Technology Specialist Initial or Professional Certification
PREFERRED BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE:
- Proficient with: Microsoft, Google, Nearpod, Flipgrid, Coding software, robotics, AR & VR, Macs, PC’s, Chromebook, tablets, etc.
- Knowledge of the ISTE and NYS Learning Standards
- Knowledge and experience utilizing the SAMR, TACK, TIM, or equivalent models
- Familiarity with federal, state and local laws (CIPA, COPPA, FERPA, DASA, Ed Law 2d) to safeguard student data privacy and security when using technology in the classroom and prohibit discrimination and harassment.
- Familiarity with internet safety instruction
A Teacher Integration Specialist models and facilitates appropriate use of educational technology by assisting district staff in developing lesson/curriculum utilizing technology that improves teaching and learning. They collaborate with district leadership to help shape a vision for technology integration by identifying, evaluating and recommending current and emerging technology initiatives that improve education
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity, equity and inclusion
- Collaborative spirit with an ability to work across multiple levels and work-flows within an organization
- Support of a welcoming and affirming environment and treats ALL with respect and dignity
- Ability to integrate technologies into classroom / learning environment
- Eager to learn new technologies.
- Conviction to support special education students and English Language Learners
- Strong presentation and communication skills for a variety of student, adult and community audiences
- Relationship builder who can work with teachers and administrators across multiple sites
START DATE: As soon as possible
Full time 12 Month Employee
Assistant Principal and Head of School
The Director of Curriculum and Instruction will use leadership and pedagogical skills to: oversee the alignment of the grades 6-12 Common Core based curriculum across all content areas; develop and implement instructional policies based on best practices that lead to increased student achievement; and interprets data sets to inform instructional approaches and interventions. In addition, the Director will act as the ‘coach’ of the Department Lead Teachers in middle school and high school.
Personal Leadership – Fosters a culture of excellence
- Adapts appropriately to situation, audience, and needs
- Articulates a clear vision and goals for high student achievement
- Builds strong relationships based on mutual respect, trust, and empathy
- Communicates clearly and appropriately for the audience and message
- Demonstrates self-awareness and a commitment to ongoing learning
- Develops strategic plans with effective solutions
- Holds self and others accountable for student learning
- Influences others to achieve results
- Strategically aligns leadership behaviors with stated values and goals to drive required change
- Welcomes and acts on performance feedback
Curriculum – Leads alignment of curriculum within each department and across grade spans
- Oversees the development of a grades 6-12 vertically and horizontally aligned curriculum based on Next Generation Learning Standards
- Assists in the formulation of a aspirations and objectives for the overall instructional plan for MS and HS
- Develops, implements, and monitors a standard approach for unit and lesson planning across and within each department
- Maintains a curriculum reference library for use by the instructional staff
- Secures and makes available to the staff a variety of current instructional materials, textbooks and curriculum guides and coordinates the selection thereof in consultation with faculty committees, making recommendations to the Head of School
Instruction – Leverages deep knowledge of best practices in pedagogy to improve student learning
- Studies, evaluates, and recommends to the Head of School and Assistant Principals new instructional materials, methods and programs
- Schedules and organizes department-wide meetings in order to effect horizontal and vertical articulation of the instructional program for the school
- Works in conjunction with the Special Education department in planning the instructional practices for special education students
- Evaluates the effectiveness, and recommends the use of various teaching methodologies.
Assessment – Uses data from valid assessments to set high learning goals and increase student achievement
- Develops, implements, and monitors a standard approach for formative and summative assessments across and within each department
- Leads efforts to develop an effective interim assessment program and calendar which results in high-quality data that predicts actual performance on end-of-year external assessments
- Demonstrates ability to understand and analyze data from multiple sources
- Contributes to a school culture and practices that rely on data to inform adult learning, professional development and decision making
- Trains and assists teachers to use assessment data to effectively drive instruction
- Supervises and coordinates training teachers in using appropriate diagnostic techniques
- Works closely with school leaders and operations team to access, understand, and present accurate student achievement data to DLTs and teachers.
- Works closely with school leaders and operations team to create external testing schedules with appropriate proctoring and scoring assignments
Staff Development – Promotes and implements current and relevant professional adult learning
- Coaches individual DLT and individual teachers to assist them in accomplishing professional goals
- Coach and train DLTs on how to establish lab classrooms that serve as model classrooms for all teachers
Professional Development – Maintains currency in all aspects of job duties
- Assumes responsibility for his/her own professional growth and development through membership and participation in the affairs of professional organizations, through attendance at regional, state, and national meetings
- Keeps abreast of changes and developments in the profession by attending professional meetings, reading professional journals, and discussing problems of mutual interest with others in the field
School-wide Responsibilities – Contributes to the effective operation of the school as a whole
- Assists the Head of School in preparing required compliance reports and organizing for site visits from NYSED, NYC DOE personnel
- Ensures that personnel and student records are accurate and up-to-date
- Other assignments as may be delegated by Head of School
- Prepares required school reports accurately and efficiently
- A valid New York State SBL or SDL certificate required
- A valid NYS teaching certificate, preferably at the middle/high school level required
- At least 2 years administrative/supervision experience
- At least 5 years prior teaching experience in middle/high school
- A passion for urban education and a commitment to the school’s mission
- Demonstrated success working in non-traditional and/or urban school settings
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with educational technology
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally
Skills And Abilities
- Deep knowledge of Next Generation Standards, UDL, DI, SDI and the Danielson Frameworks
- Demonstrate sound judgment and excellent problem-solving skills
- Expertise in curriculum development, effective instructional strategies, and valid assessments
- Follow safety procedures and written and verbal instructions
- Interact effectively with staff, students, and public
- Make independent decisions
- Manage and lead adults in support of the school’s mission
- Organize tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks
- Perform research and development activities pertaining to curriculum and instructional programs
- Provide a motivating and stimulating learning environment
- Respond appropriately to evaluation and changes in the work setting.
- Work autonomously within school established guidelines and policies
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Traveling long and short distances.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position is full-time, and the hours and workdays are Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Some evenings on school events and during after-school activities.
You can apply here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2866279189/
CITE is the Center for Integrated Training and Education.
For over 25 years, CITE has and continues to train:
TEACHERS: General and Special Ed Masters (Early Childhood or Childhood), TESOL Masters, Special Ed license extension courses, Bilingual license extension courses, TESOL license extension courses, Early Childhood license extension courses
— in all five boroughs of NYC, Yonkers, Westchester, and Long Island. Currently all classes are online.
CITE PD: CITE offers CTLE-approved in-school or online professional development tailored to your school’s needs and your vision. We can work remotely with your staff and parents. Info: citepd.com