Job Posting – Curriculum and Tech Integration Specialist – Grades 6-8
Curriculum &Technology Integration Specialist
Challenge Preparatory Charter School
Reports to: The Curriculum &Technology Integration Specialist will report to the 6-8 Principal.
- Has demonstrated ability to carry out job related responsibilities effectively.
- Has demonstrated initiative and productivity without requiring direct supervision.
- Has coordinated and/or implemented programs with adult groups of various sizes.
- Has demonstrated knowledge of how to use a variety of current technologies.
- Has experience integrating technology into the curriculum to enhance learning.
- Has experience in evaluating software for educational use.
- Has ability to cooperate with staff, students, administrators, and the general public.
- Is receptive to and/or has invited feedback to adjust and improve current practices.
- Enjoys challenges and is not easily frustrated.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
Overall Job Goals and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement staff development activities focused on enabling teachers to utilize a variety of technologies, internet resources and software within their instructional programs.
- Provide modeling for and/or mentor teachers in curriculum planning and delivery that engages students in inquiry and critical thinking, through the use of educational technology resources.
- Serve as an ongoing advisor to the 6-8 Principal, academic staff, grade level teams, PLC’s, Executive Director of Technology and the CEO in their respective plans for integrating various technologies, internet resources and software to enhance teaching and learning.
- Research, test, and recommend new educational technology programs in collaboration with the Executive Director of Technology for use in the 6-8 school. Ongoing or Periodic Duties:
- Assess the need for, plan for, and conduct blended learning staff training using both face-to-face and on-line resources.
- Conduct periodic surveys and/or collect other relevant data that will evaluate the effectiveness of job related staff blended learning development activities.
- Assist teachers in developing blended learning lesson plans that align with NYS and ISTE learning standards.
- Assist teachers in creating local assessments that provide timely feedback on individual student progress toward mastery of learning standards in concert with the 6-8 Principal and academic team.
- Participate in building level instructional planning and serve as a blended learning planning liaison within the Charter Prep schools in collaboration with the Executive Director of Technology.
- Participate in 6-8 administrative meetings to report on job related responsibilities.
- Make presentations to faculty or administrative groups upon request.
- Attend regional instructional technology or STEM meetings upon request.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Credentials and Educational Experience:
- Candidate for the position must have a current New York State teaching certificate.
- Preferred candidate for the position will have at least three (3) years of teaching experience.
- Has approiate technology certification/s.
- Has significant experience using computers and other technologies for instructional purposes in elementary, middle, or secondary schools.
- Has familiarity with Google Classroom and/or Apple Cloud domains and applications desirable.
- Has significant experience assisting or teaching adults how to use computers or other technologies for instructional purposes.
Candidates can email email@example.com
and firstname.lastname@example.org for the application process.
CITE is the Center for Integrated Training and Education . For over 25 years, CITE has partnered with accredited colleges to train TEACHERS (Early Childhood, Professional Certification, Special Ed,Grad Courses, Bilingual courses, DASA); COUNSELORS (School, Mental Health Masters, Advanced Certificate); and ADMINISTRATORS (SBL, SDL, Public Admin, Doctorate) in all five boroughs of NYC, Yonkers, Westchester, and Long Island.
We are proud to introduce our new Undergraduate Completion Program for adults – the same convenience, affordability, and quality you’ve come to expect from CITE partners, now for adults 25 years and older who want to gain the skills and undergraduate degree to get their career launched. We’ve partnered with Alfred University and Concordia College of NY to offer these groundbreaking programs in the NYC area. Learn more here.