Permanent School Counselor Certification
How do I get permanent school counselor certification?
This is a question we hear a lot, so we’re publishing this post to help answer it.
- To get your PROVISIONAL certification, you get your masters.
- To get your PERMANENT school counselor certification, you do this:
- Take 12 more credits;
- Work as a school counselor for 2 years;
- Take your DASA certification (Dignity for All Students Act);
- Go through the State’s approval process.
Which 12 Credits do I need?
We offer these:
- SED 501 – Introduction to Children with Disabilities in Educational Settings
- SED 520 – Children and Youth with Emotional Disturbances
- SED 543 – Home School Community Relations
- SED 550 – Developmental Assessment of Young Children
How Do I register?
You can register online here:
[button link=”http://www.citeeducation-strose.com/login-and-reserve-courses/”]Register online now[/button]