Job Opening – Bronx – Special Ed
Job Opening: Special Education intructor
PUBLIC SCHOOL 91X
Meridith Nasjletti, Principal
- Possession of a New York City Department of Education license in Special Education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of writing IEP goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Common Core Standards, NY State Standards and creating NYSAA data folios.
- Demonstrated knowledge of assessments and curricula solutions for students participating in standardized and alternate assessment in inclusive settings.
- Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of a range of instructional methodologies.
- Demonstrated abilities to work collaboratively with educators and families on specific strategies, adaptations and modification of classroom activities so that students can succeed in the general education classroom.
- Demonstrated knowledge of assistive technology and its use in classrooms.
- Demonstrated experience with providing small and large group trainings.
- Skill in using data and research to inform practice.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with Core Knowledge, Expeditionary Learning and Go-Math K-5 curricula and The Danielson Framework for Teaching.
- Demonstrated teaching competency as evidenced by effective and highly effective observations and ratings.
- Excellent record of attendance and punctuality.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Work with paraprofessionals, related service providers, school-based administrators and pedagogues to ensure the provision of services to students as per their IEP mandates.
- Assist teachers in implementing instructional activities aligned with the Common Core and New York State Standards.
- Model and/or co-teach lessons to increase transfer of instructional skills and behavioral strategies to teachers.
- Support teachers in adapting curriculum and instruction to meet the individual needs of students.
- Administrative assignments as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
DEADLINE: Please send letter of interest to Mrs. Meridith Nasjletti, Principal, by the close of business November 15 2016. (Mstruhlnasjlett@schools.nyc.gov)
CITE is the Center for Integrated Training and Education . For over 25 years, CITE has and continues to train TEACHERS (Early Childhood, Professional Certification, Special Ed,Grad Courses, DASA); COUNSELORS (School, Mental Health Masters, Advanced Certificate); and ADMINISTRATORS (SBL, SDL, Public Admin, Doctorate) in all five boroughs of NYC, Yonkers, Westchester, and Long Island.
What question can we answer for you? 877-922-2483