JOB – Educational Director
The East Harlem Block Nursery has asked us to post a job opening for them. Please direct all inquiries their way.
POSITION: Educational Director (Job Description follows)
LOCATION: East Harlem Block Nursery (EHBN – Nursery #3) – 1299 Amsterdam Avenue
START DATE: Immediately
SALARY RANGE: $55,000 to $60,000 (negotiable)
EHBN, Inc. is a community-based nonprofit organization founded in East Harlem. We have developed and run education-based programs and services in the community since 1965. We now operate three early childhood education centers in East and Central Harlem. We are currently seeking an educational (program) director to assume responsibility for the daily operation of one of our daycare centers (i.e., supervision of classrooms, staff, children and meal preparation; upholding licensing/policy guidelines; and related oversight and management).
NYS Certification (NS6) REQUIRED. Please confirm your certification status in the cover letter along with salary requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assume responsibility for the daily operation of the preschool program
• Lead staff meetings and attend monthly meetings, and participate in any special task
• Maintain policies and procedures for program operation
• Maintain student records (emergency contacts for parents, doctors and dentists; immunizations; annual physicals)
• Facilitate preparation for and implementation of parent/teacher conferences
• Plan school year calendar (themes)
• Manage staff (develop work schedule, hiring/firing process, training, evaluations, etc.)
• Remain current on issues and trends in early childhood education
• Provide a vision for program development and execute changes as necessary
• Oversee enrollment process within guidelines of funding agencies (ACS/DOE)
• Supervise implementation of licensing and safety procedures
• Supervise implementation of program curriculum
• Provide support for teachers including professional development and coaching
• Maintain a visible presence to staff, students and preschool families
• Responsible for program budget
• Maintain menus (approved by CACFP)
• Complete necessary CACFP paperwork in a timely manner
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field (MA/MS preferred);
- NYS Certification (BS2 or NS6) REQUIRED
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a pre-school/day care center or child development-related organization. Certification in CLASS Assessment a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with PC programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Basic understanding of office machines
- Solutions-oriented in approach to management issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (to interact with parents, children and staff)
- Self-motivated and organized professional with a friendly and approachable demeanor
Must have understanding of the following:
• Quality Rating System/Accreditation
• Creative Curriculum
Familiarity navigating complex local, state and federal funding agencies’ procedures and processes, specifically ACS and DOE.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter (including salary requirements and certification confirmation) with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
East Harlem Block Nursery, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
CITE is the Center for Integrated Training and Education . For over 25 years, CITE has and continues to train TEACHERS (Early Childhood, Professional Certification, Special Ed, Grad Courses, DASA); COUNSELORS (School, Mental Health Masters, Advanced Certificate); and ADMINISTRATORS (SBL, SDL, Public Admin, Doctorate) in all five boroughs of NYC, Yonkers, Westchester, and Long Island.
What question can we answer for you? 877-922-2483