CSA Member Back Pay

CSA Member Back Pay

logan and mulgrewCSA Member Back Pay

Listen to this post!

The new teacher contract leaves us asking a lot of questions. One of the biggest is this: If an educator moved from a UFT contract to a CSA contract after November 2009, ie: if you moved from teaching, on a teacher’s contract, to an administration position, on a CSA contract, after the old contract expired in 2009, do you get back pay? 

What’s the deal with CSA Member Back Pay?

We have had a hard time finding an answer to this one. So has the CSA! Apparently, the CSA has told members that they cannot say yet if they’ll get retro-pay if they moved to a CSA contract.

The Chalkbeat blog reported in May that there would be no back pay for thousands of ex-UFT members, and included CSA members in this. Read more here. 

According to the Chalkbeat reporters: “A UFT official could not say if this included teachers who become principals and a spokeswoman with the Council of Supervisors and Administrators, the union representing city principals and assistant principals, did not respond to requests for comment.”

The CSA itself could not say whether or not members would get back pay. 

The CSA has been working on an expired contract, like the UFT had. Negotiations started at the end of April of this year. Will back pay for UFT members who moved to a CSA contract be included in the negotiations? More here.

What are you hearing? Let us know! Find us on Facebook or Twitter.

Find out more as this develops! Sign up for our weekly email

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Sign up for our Email Newsletter

For Email Marketing you can trust